Author Topic: Dropbox connection error  (Read 2079 times)

tal

Dropbox connection error
« on: April 18, 2021, 09:00:48 pm »
I see versions of this issue have arisen before. I just installed on a new computer. Tried to connect to dropbox and keep getting an error.  Cannot connect to the service and connection failed. Internet and dropbox are working. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

TAL

tal

Re: Dropbox connection error
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 10:59:32 am »
Just thought I would update. I've went into dropbox (also onedrive) and revoked access to Time Master, thinking I would get a notification to sign in again. Now I can't backup to either dropbox or onedrive. I can't make a connection to dropbox and I get the can't create folder error in onedrive.

TAL

kwsim

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 09:55:46 am »
I'm am having the same issue now. I built a new computer, downloaded the app from the Windows Store, but it will not connect to Dropbox. It works on my older computer and I am able to connect to OneDrive.

tal

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 08:54:49 pm »
I didn't include screenshots, but those are the same errors I still get with dropbox. It might be nice to have an option to backup to a local drive, rather that just on-line. Still can't back up from my desktop. Perhaps luckily, it still works to back up to dropbox from my ipad, which I keep synced to the desktop anyway.

Adam

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 03:05:49 pm »
Sorry, I have not been able to replicate this problem.  I searched online for that message and apparently it sounds like a Windows issue.  That message is from Windows OS and not Dropbox or the App.  Other people have had that message from different apps, but haven't seen one that gives any clues as to why this is happening.  I'm still trying to find any reasons for it not working.

kwsim

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2021, 09:52:20 pm »
Sorry, I have not been able to replicate this problem.  I searched online for that message and apparently it sounds like a Windows issue.  That message is from Windows OS and not Dropbox or the App.  Other people have had that message from different apps, but haven't seen one that gives any clues as to why this is happening.  I'm still trying to find any reasons for it not working.

Thanks for looking into this. Not sure what part of Windows is causing this because both my computers are running the same version and build.

kwsim

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2021, 09:57:41 pm »

What I don't understand if this might be a Windows issue, then why can I connect to my OneDrive but not DropBox?

If this is a Windows issue, wouldn't the connection issue be happening for both OneDrive and DropBox?

Adam

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2021, 11:21:14 am »
I was finally able to figure out how to replicate this issue.  I will be working on a fix.  I do not have any ETA for when it will be able to get it fixed and submitted to the App Store, but am working on it.  Thanks for your patience.

kwsim

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2021, 11:30:21 am »
I was finally able to figure out how to replicate this issue.  I will be working on a fix.  I do not have any ETA for when it will be able to get it fixed and submitted to the App Store, but am working on it.  Thanks for your patience.

Thank you so very much!  ;D

I have been using this app for the past 9 years and have found nothing that matches its awesome functionality. And it would be hard to find an alternative and wouldn't be happy about it.

Adam

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2021, 01:18:43 pm »
The fixed version of Time Master 6.2.7 is now up on the Microsoft App Store.  Please download the new version from the store.

kwsim

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2021, 01:32:36 pm »
The fixed version of Time Master 6.2.7 is now up on the Microsoft App Store.  Please download the new version from the store.

YAYYYYY!!! ALL FIXED!!!!

Thank you soooo very much. ;D

kwsim

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2021, 01:34:36 pm »
I had to sign into DropBox again, but after that, it went right to the directory I had on DropBox and showed all my past backups.

Thanks again for fixing this.  ;D